Glance around any subway, park, or street, and you’re sure to see a smartphone clenched tightly in the hands of a passerby. And it’s no wonder, with an estimated 2.53 billion smartphones currently in use around the globe.
From New York City to Timbuktu – smartphones are here to stay. With the exponential rise in mobile usage worldwide, comes a need for mobile integration in your brand’s marketing strategy.
Need more proof? The following stats demonstrate the rise of mobile and why mobile integration must form part of any successful modern business's sales and marketing strategy.
- From 2007 to 2017, the number of texts sent each month increased by a staggering 7,700%, making SMS a key customer communication channel. (Statistic Brain)
- While consumers might be more mobile savvy, they’ve also become more impatient. A DoubleClick survey in 2016 showed that 53% of mobile site visits are abandoned if they take longer than 3 seconds to load.
- For consumers seeking additional information on a product or service, text (SMS) is often the preferred channel. According to Cappex, over 77% of students want to receive texts from their institutions and prefer them as a means of communication.
- And if a problem arises? eWeek explains that texting is the highest-rated contact method for customer satisfaction compared with other channels, including phone calls and social media.
- Have you ever wished you could text your favourite coffee shop, bar, or even shoe store? You’re not alone – 78% of people wish they could have a text conversation with a business. (RingCentral)
- Is your brand a part of the digital landscape? The next time you see a smartphone, think about this: Chances are, 8 out of 10 internet users are accessing the web through their phones. (eMarketer)
- Last year, the time spent each day on mobile phones increased by 7 minutes, with consumers now spending over 3 hours a day on their devices. (GeoMarketing)
- Where can you reach your customers on mobile? Merkle recommends Google because the search-engine giant holds a 95% share in mobile PPC ads. (Merkle)
- If you’re looking for a fast way to reach your audience, TextRequest finds that 95% of texts will be read within 5 minutes of being sent.
- Where else can a brand reach its audience? While Google might be a great place to start, a study by Smart Insights finds that apps account for 89% of mobile media time, leaving a mere 11% spent on websites.
Whether you’re selling B2B or B2C, a cohesive mobile-integrated marketing plan can take your sales and marketing efforts to a new level. Whispir can help –